Ten Melbourne postcodes put into lockdown
10 VICTORIAN POSTCODES AND SUBURBS IN LOCKDOWN:
The following postcodes will return to stage three restrictions from 11.59pm on Wednesday night until at least July 29:
* 3012 - Brooklyn, Kingsville, Maidstone, Tottenham, West Footscray
* 3021 - Albanvale, Kealba, Kings Park, St Albans
* 3032 - Ascot Vale, Highpoint City, Maribyrnong, Travancore
* 3038 - Keilor Downs, Keilor Lodge, Taylors Lakes, Watergardens
* 3042 - Airport West, Keilor Park, Niddrie
* 3046 - Glenroy, Hadfield, Oak Park
* 3047 - Broadmeadows, Dallas, Jacana
* 3055 - Brunswick South, Brunswick West, Moonee Vale, Moreland West
* 3060 - Fawkner
* 3064 - Craigieburn, Donnybrook, Mickelham, Roxburgh Park, Kalkallo
FOUR REASONS FOR RESIDENTS TO LEAVE THEIR HOME:
* To buy food and supplies.
* To receive medical care or provide care.
* To exercise (only two people within a group).
* To work or study if you cannot from home.
WHAT WILL CLOSE?
* Gyms, indoor sporting venues, play centres, cinemas and entertainment venues.
* Beauty parlours.
* Golf, community sport and recreational activities including fishing.
* TABs in pubs.
* $5000 grant will be available to affected businesses.
* Home auctions to be online only and inspections by appointment.
WHAT WILL STAY OPEN?
* Cafes, clubs, pubs and restaurants - restricted to home delivery or takeaway services.
* Retail - subject to density rules.
* Schools will return as planned from July 13.
HOW WILL IT BE ENFORCED?
* Regular police patrols.
* Anyone found outside their home without a reason will receive an on-the-spot fine of $1652; non-essential businesses face $9913 fine.
* Police stationed at main transport corridors in and out of affected suburbs.
© AAP 2020
Photo: Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews addresses the media during a press conference in Melbourne, Monday, May 11, 2020. (AAP Image/Daniel Pockett)
Statement from the Premier on local restrictions: pic.twitter.com/d0JbQWHpEx— Dan Andrews (@DanielAndrewsMP) June 30, 2020