Best public camp grounds near Townsville
With the long weekend so close we can smell it, it's time to plan where we're heading when we pack up the car this weekend.
Here are some of thebest best public campground's, that aren't far away:
- Saunders Beach campground and day use area,
- Bluewater Park campgrounds and day use area,
- Toomulla campgrounds and day use area,
- Rollingstone Park campgrounds and day use area,
- Balgal Beach campgrounds and day use area.
The maximum number of stays at any of these sites is once per week. Council officers routinely visit camping areas to check on how long people have stayed. If it is found that campers are not complying with this policy campers will be asked to move on. Those who do not comply may be evicted from the camping area.
Dogs are allowed at Council’s Designated Camping Areas however they must remain leashed at all times. The dog/s owner/keeper is responsible for the removal of any animal waste and to ensure the animal does not cause a nuisance to other campers.
Happy Camping! Where will you be heading for the long weekend? Let us know on Facebook.