A family's lost their home and their pets in a devastating blaze on Monday.
Emergency crews were called to the corner of Clint and Gladys Street in Kelso at around 1:00PM.
The Bulletin reported that pasers by grabbed garden hoses and doused the flames so the residents could escape.
But sadly the pet cats didn't make it.
The paper also reports the family's home and contents weren’t insured.
It is expected that Police will front the media on Tuesday afternoon to provide an update.
They are tipped to be investigating reports that youths were seen running from the property at the time the blaze broke out.